Turmeric is a world renowned herb for its medicinal benefits. This herb which has a wide presence in Indian cuisine is ruling over the whole world because of its immense benefits on skin, hair and health. Scroll down to know more 🙂
Turmeric For Skin:
- Acne: Applying turmeric oil like dots on the acne can make them appear smaller and also prevent the recurrence of some more.
- Dry Skin: Dry Skin can be a big hassle to cure but when you have the miracle ingredient in your hand, why worry? Coconut oil mixed with turmeric and Aloe Vera helps to cure dryness of skin and also repair the dead and damaged skin cells.
- Oily Skin: Oily Skin is a big hassle for many ladies and turmeric can provide a solution. It has the capability of absorbing extra oil from the skin and so a mixture of turmeric and lemon can help to curb that excess oil.
- Pigmentation: Pigmentation is one of the primary concerns of many ladies and turmeric due to the presence of antioxidants help to keep it at bay. You can apply turmeric oil or turmeric face pack mixed with milk cream and lemon to say goodbye to pigmentation.
- Dark Spots: Dark Spots can be reduced by the application of turmeric paste on the areas and wash off after 20 minutes.
- Glow And Radiance: Turmeric is used in India as a Ubtan when mixed with a number of other ancient herbs. This implies glow and radiance to the skin especially before any big ceremony like marriage.
- Fairness: One of the traditional components to improve complexion, turmeric when mixed with malai (cream) can improve skin complexion and make skin visibly fairer.
- Fine Lines And Wrinkles: Turmeric is a famous anti-ageing agent that helps to reduce existing fine lines and also prevent the appearance of more.
- Stretch Marks: If you have stretch marks and nothing in the world is working for you, then mix Besan (Gram flour), Turmeric and cold milk and apply on the affected area. It will reduce their appearance within some usage.
- Sunburns: Being a very strong antiseptic, it soothes skin and so if you are suffering from sunburns, mix Aloe Vera gel with Turmeric and apply it on the areas.
- Tanning: Mixing yoghurt, lemon and turmeric and applying it as a face pack surely reduces tanning to a large extent. It is advisable to use this face pack twice or thrice a week depending on sun exposure.
- Facial Hair: Turmeric not only removes facial hair but also prevents regrowth of the facial hair. Applying Besan (Gram Flour), Turmeric and Coconut Oil and rubbing in circular motions helps to remove unwanted facial hair.
- Overnight treatment: If you have dark spots or pigmentation issues, then mix some drops of turmeric oil into your night cream. This will help to fight the imperfections while you sleep.
- Exfoliator: Turmeric has excellent antiseptic properties which help to heal the skin. So whenever you scrub, make sure to include a pinch of turmeric into it especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Cracked Heels: If you have cracked heels issue, then mix Turmeric with Castor Oil and apply it all over your cracked heels. This will soften your feet and make them supple.
Tumeric For Hair:
- Dandruff: Turmeric when mixed with Olive Oil and applied on hair for 15-20 minutes before shampoo helps to increase blood circulation in the scalp and decrease dandruff issues.
- Hair loss: If you are suffering from severe hair loss and no artificial treatment can cure it, then turn to turmeric, milk and honey for a cure. Turmeric has Curcumin that accelerates TGF Beta One which in turn helps to nourish hair follicles and prevent hair loss.
- Hair Dye: If you are feeling that your hair will turn yellow after using turmeric on your hair, then worry not! Turmeric, on the other hand, helps to make the hair colour stronger and act as a natural dye that makes hair colour last longer on your hair.
- Scalp Infections: Turmeric has strong healing properties that help to treat scalp infections in a major way. Any bump or redness that you see on your head can be treated either by using turmeric paste or by spot treatment using turmeric oil.
Turmeric For Health:
- Weight Loss: Turmeric helps in fat metabolism which in turn helps to manage weight to a large extent.
- Cancer: Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant agent that helps to keep free radicals at bay which in turn prevents cancer in human body.
- Antiseptic: Turmeric has excellent antiseptic properties that help to heal skin and soothes burns.
- Immunity Booster: Due to the strong presence of antioxidants, turmeric helps to boost immunity to a large extent.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help to prevent arthritis to a large extent.
- Reduces Pain: If turmeric is taken as a health supplement in small amounts, it can help to reduce joint pain.
- Diabetes Control: Turmeric helps to control insulin level to a certain extent which thereby controls diabetes.
- Detoxifier: Turmeric is one of the best natural ingredients that detoxify your body. Curcumin present in turmeric helps to flush out toxins from the body which can cause acne, pimples and even cancer.
- Aids in Digestion: Turmeric helps to increase the metabolic rate of the body which in turn causes healthy liver and helps to digest food really easily.
- Controls Acidity: Turmeric is a cooling agent which is also anti-inflammatory in nature. Consumption of turmeric helps to cool down the internal organs and also restores stomach pH that helps to control gas and acidity.
- Reduces Menstrual Cramps: Turmeric, if taken before the date of menstrual cycle helps to reduce period cramps in ladies.
And that’s all peeps! Hope you have liked the post 🙂